How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona
These are a few steps to getting an MMJ card in Arizona
- Do You Have a Medical Condition that Qualifies?
- Get Your Doctor Recommendation
- Apply for your Medical Marijuana Card
Let’s take each one of these steps in more detail
1. Do You Have A Medical Condition To Qualify?
What You Need To Have In Order Qualify In Arizona
- 18 Years of Age or Older (if under 18 years of age you must have a legal guardian as your caregiver)
- Must have valid Arizona Drivers License or Arizona State Identification
- Arizona Residential Address
- Must have at least one of these 14 qualifying conditions
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain (e.g. arthritis, migraines, etc);
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristics of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristics of multiple sclerosis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Remember that over 70% of cardholders are registered under 10. Severe and chronic pain (e.g. arthritis, migraines, etc).
If you have a doctor that will give you the recommendation for a medical marijuana card. Great.
Most doctors/personal physicians subscribe to marijuana as a solution.
If you are on board let’s move ahead.
2. Getting Your Doctors Recommendation
If you have your doctor’s recommendation move forward to the next section here.
Arizona requires 2 doctor recommendations to get your MMJ Card.
Some of the Medical Marijuana Certification centers have two doctors and can do both recommendations.
You can also go to a chiropractor or other outside doctor to get them to give you a recommendation
Medical Marijuana Certification Center
There are many different certification centers. We have ones that have one doctor and others that have two doctors.
One doctor certification centers will require a doctors recommendation.
Two doctor certification centers are full service. You can walk in and walk out without having to see another doctor.
3. Apply for your Medical Marijuana Card
The next step is to apply for your Medical Marijuana Card at the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Most full service or two doctor medical marijuana certificatation centers will send them into the state for you.